This ready-made Online SMB Marketing 5-day Plan costs only $49
50% of small businesses fail within 5 years, and only 1 out of 3 of those survive 10 years or more.
One of the top reasons for small business failure is a lack of marketing and planning. If you want your business to grow and thrive, you need to implement a marketing plan.
Now, it’s common knowledge that one of the top frustrations for entrepreneurs is lack of time (and budget of course) because of all the hats they are required to wear.
Hence the 5 day marketing plan. All from one tool, which further improves productivity time.
The outcome of the 5 day marketing plan is that you’ll have:
- Researched and have an intimate understanding of what makes your target audience tick. This will help improve communication with your buyer personas as well as your writing skills.
- Created an email marketing plan.
- Conducted a webinar.
- Created a landing page to send interested attendees to.
- Increased the amount of subscribers in your email list.
- Uploaded your webinar as a video on YouTube, and which will work to attract more traffic for your business.
The marketing plan in a nutshell
This plan assumes you already have a website.
Online marketing is all about attracting, nurturing and growing, so this 5 day plan will incorporate all those elements. You’ll use a webinar to attract prospective subscribers and grow your business with an email marketing plan that builds trust and preps prospective clients for future sales.
To implement the entire plan, we’ll use the GetResponse marketing automation pro package which includes all the features you’ll need for the plan, so you get a full-on marketing plan implemented for a pithy $49 per month.
Day 1: Profile your target audience persona
Online marketing is also education-based marketing. Because it’s the Internet, writing is the primary method of communication. And because marketing online is so writing-intense, it’s absolutely essential to speak the language of the target audience you are trying to attract – those who need your service or product.
And so, in order to speak the language of those you are trying to attract, you need to know who you’ll be writing for. Your communication style for a young target audience would be different than for those between the ages of 40 – 50.
To be truly effective in your marketing plan, you need to understand your target audience intimately.
For this step, we’ll use the GetResponse survey creation feature. With this function, you can customize what the survey looks like by adding your own logo, using various formats to pose questions, send it via an email to your list subscribers, link to it from social media and add it to your website.
To simplify life even further, GetResponse analyzes the responses and presents the information to you in charts so that it’s easy to understand.
But first, you need to come up with the information you really need, as you don’t want to ask unnecessary questions and risk turning participants off.
Questions you may want to include in your survey:
- Geographical location
- Family life
- What keeps them up at night
- What social media sites they frequent
- What they value
- What they fear
- How can your service/product help achieve their goals
Tips for the best results
Tip #1: Think of the best ways to word your questions, so that you get value-filled answers.
Tip #2: To get as many responses as possible, offer some type of incentive.
Tip #3: Distribute the survey to as many channels as possible. Send it to your email list, add it to your website and your social media sites.
Day 2: Part 1 – Brainstorm webinar topics
Now that you understand what’s important to your target audience, you can brainstorm webinar topics.
Concentrate on those topics that will add value to your target audience’s lives; those that will most benefit them.
Once you’ve come up with a list of ideas, and narrowed them down to select one topic, it’s time to focus on coming up with a compelling headline, which should sound so appealing, that people won’t want to miss it.
Day 2: Part 2 – Plan your webinar
With the GetResponse webinar feature, engage attendees using chat, polls, screen sharing, whiteboards, and YouTube videos. Upload images and files to share.
The webinar feature is designed specifically as a lead generation feature, and can be scheduled within 3 minutes.
Even better is that it comes with pre-designed invitation email templates, reminders and webinar landing pages (more on that below) to set it all up super-fast.
Steps to arranging your webinar
- Decide on a date and time. Bear in mind that you may have people attending who come from different geographical locations.
- Draw up a presentation outline – what exactly will you cover?
- Decide on the speakers. Who will conduct the presentation? If you want to get an expert on board, what would be the incentive for him or her?
- Use the landing page builder in GetResponse to tweak the webinar landing page of your choice. If you’re getting an expert on board, make sure you name-drop when you promote your webinar.
- Decide when to distribute news of your webinar, as well as when to send out reminders.
- Create the webinar invitation email by adapting the GetResponse templates.
Day 3: Plan webinar emails and follow-up
The whole point of hosting a webinar is to use it as “bait” to get more email subscribers on your list, so this part is exceptionally important. In this phase of your planning, what you need to do is:
- Set up a list in GetResponse (optional; you may have a list set up already where you want your attendees to be placed into). This is the group where new subscriber emails will be added.
- Decide on how many emails you will be sending when people sign up to attend your webinar.
- Write the copy of the emails.
- Plan days and times of your emails.
As a guideline, you’ll need:
- A welcome email. Follow these tips to create an awesome welcome email. Don’t neglect to add vital information about the webinar.
- A reminder email 24 hours before the event.
- A reminder email 1 hour before the event.
- A follow-up email after the event.
Day 4: Develop a webinar promotion plan and execute
Notification of your webinar should be sent to your email subscribers, social media accounts and added to your website.
What you need to decide on, is when to send the first invitation email, and any others to follow. Then, you need to come up with a schedule of when to promote via social media, and how. For example, will you design posts, or how will you broadcast news of your webinar? Do you have some budget to advertise it on social media or through other paid ads?
Read this for more ideas on how to promote a webinar.
When you’ve nailed that, go ahead and execute your promotional plan, remembering to send traffic to the URL of your webinar landing page.
Day 5: Work on email automation workflow
In a very simple way, you can do advanced email automation workflow planning with the GetResponse workflow builder using conditions, actions and filters:
No matter how complex your process, organize it with drag and drop.
The emails you plan to send once people have subscribed for your webinar, should be typed up and added to your GetResponse arsenal, because once you start using the planner, you’ll need those emails to be ready.
The final bonus step
Content is what brings organic traffic to your business. It’s hard to keep creating content to keep things fresh. The bonus you get when this is all done – besides the potential extra business of course – is that you can use the recorded webinar as video content (and you can even repurpose it into a blog post). Now your webinar will benefit you even further by working to bring your business more traffic.
Outstanding, isn’t it?
Half of all small businesses fail within 5 years, largely due to a lack of a marketing plan.
This ready-made marketing plan will result in:
- Gaining an understanding of your target audience, which will make you a better writer, and one whose writing attracts prospective sales.
- An email marketing plan.
- Hosting a webinar to attract new subscribers for your email list.
- Developing a landing page.
- An increase in subscribers.
- More traffic for your business when you upload the recorded webinar to YouTube, and repurpose it as other content.
The 5 day plan involves:
- On day 1, you’ll research your target audience persona
- Day 2 is brainstorming topics for your webinar
- On day 3, you’ll plan your webinar emails
- Day 4 sees you developing a promotion plan for your webinar
- Day 5 is when you plan your email automation workflow
And all this for only $49 a month…