My Nexus 6P explodes while charging claims this Canadian man
Recently, we had reported how a Xiaomi Mi4i smartphone exploded while it was charging. Also, we had reported how an Apple iPhone 6 ignited in the back pocket of the user after a minor fall from his bicycle.
Now, we have another instance in which a Canadian man claims that his Nexus 6P handset exploded in the middle of the night while it was charging. Luckily, it seems that there were no injuries sustained.
The Reddit user whose handle goes by the name ‘yamz66’ claims, “It was around 3AM and I woke up to a loud pop and was immediately in a thick cloud of smoke, sparks, and a bright red glow coming from my phone on my night stand, the same place it had been since the day I purchased it Nov 1, 2015. I was using the official Google USB-C cable and charger. It is now completely fried, the screen is popped up and the insides are charred, the Ringke Fusion case I had on it is melted, as is the Popsocket I had on the back of it.”
While there is no clarity as to how the incident took place, the matter is yet to be investigated. After the incident, the Redditor claims to have contacted Google Canada who are in the process of sending him an RMA replacement unit. They will also be escalating the matter.