How To Safely Play Bingo Online
The world of online gambling can be an intriguing and enticing one. Bingo, in particular, is a nice thing to sit back with and enjoy. The problem is that internet fraudsters use the online gambling world as a chance to exploit people, so you have to be completely sure that you’re playing on a genuine, legitimate site. Follow these tips, such as checking a website’s security status and downloading a free anti-virus, to make sure that you’re as safe as possible when playing bingo online.
Easy Tips for Spotting Illegitimate Websites
Are you worried that a bingo site you’ve found may not be legitimate? Here are a few telltale signs to look out for:
- Look at the site’s address: does it have “http” or “https”? The latter is a sign that the site is more secure and the former is more likely to be used on unsafe websites
- What is the writing on the site like? If there’s a lot of poor English, it could be another sign of a site used only to scam people. Fraudsters pay for cheap content to fill their sites because they don’t want to properly invest in them
- Is there any contact information available? If so, does it work/is it correct? It is rare for a site created only to scam people to have contact details
- Look out for customers reviews. If it’s a site offering a legitimate bingo service, it should be easy to find reviews from customers who use and enjoy it
Stick to the Big Names
If you’re going to start playing bingo online, it makes sense to stick to the most well-regarded businesses in the online gambling world. Here are a few examples of ones which can be trusted:
- Foxy Bingo
- Paddy Power Bingo
- Mecca Bingo
- BetFair Bingo
- BetFred Bingo
Sticking to sites like these can be a good idea for keeping safe. If you’ve found a site by yourself, which you like the look of but isn’t on this list, there’s a method you can try. If for example, you had come across Comfy Bingo, you could head to the comparison site, BoomTown Bingo and see if there’s any information about it. If you click here, you’ll see that they’ve given it a glowing review and therefore you know it can be trusted.
How to Keep Yourself Safe
If the worst comes to the worst, you may find yourself on a scam bingo site. But, don’t worry, it’s still not too late to keep yourself safe. With the right tools and software, you can protect yourself even if you do fall into harm’s way.
- Make sure that your browser is regularly updated.Updated versions of browsers are safer than earlier ones and can give you a clearer idea of whether or not a site is secure
- Use online banking to ensure that no more than the correct amount of money is taken from you. If it is, report this right away
- Make sure that your computer is equipped with an up-to-date antivirus and firewall. AVG is a good example of a free anti-virus if you can’t afford anything more
Downloading and updating these pieces of software will go a long way towards keeping you safe online. It’s also good to read around and keep yourself informed on these matters. For example, you might want to read the earlier TechWorm article on keeping safe with BitCoin gambling, if you ever expand your online gambling endeavours
Online bingo can be a great way to have fun and to win money and prizes. However, as with most online gambling, it is an avenue which is frequently exploited by scammers and fraudsters so you have to be safe. Following the guidelines laid out in this article, you should be able to have a good time with a minimal level of risk. What do you use to keep safe online?
Jake Watkins is a UK-based freelance blogger. He used to work for a content agency and has had the opportunity to write for a number of leading online publications. In his free time, Jake enjoys learning more about technology and keeping up with internet trends. You can follow him on Twitter for contact him via his website.