Microsoft releases Windows 10 Redstone 4 build 17115 ISO files
Microsoft has finally released the new Windows 10 Redstone 4 ISO images for build 17115, which is set to replace build 17025 as the current images. With Windows 10 Redstone 4 ISO images, you can do a clean install with an up to date version of the operating system on your PC.
Build 17115 is the second ISO for Windows 10 Redstone 4 rolled out to the Slow Ring users since November 2017. Build 17115 doesn’t include any known issues and is an easy ISO candidate. However, it does include number of general bug fixes and minor improvements, and changes to the new setup experience for privacy settings. Read more about privacy settings here.
This build also comes with following bug fixes:
- We fixed an issue where If you tried to open a file that was available online-only from OneDrive that hadn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue where post-install at the first user-prompted reboot or shutdown, a small number of devices experienced a scenario wherein the OS fails to load properly and might have entered a reboot loop state.
- We fixed an issue where the Microsoft Store might be completely broken or gone altogether after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue where when you denied Movies & TV access to your videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV would crash when you navigated to the “Personal” tab.
- We fixed two issues impacting the usability of Windows Mixed Reality on the previous build (Windows Mixed Reality running at a very low frame rate (8-10fps), and a potential crash at startup that could cause Windows Mixed Reality to not work).
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting the Direct Messages section of Twitter.com potentially not rendering in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights causing precision touchpads to periodically need a few tries to be able to move the mouse.
- We fixed an issue impacting the Italian touch keyboard layout where the period key would act as a delete key in UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue impacting the Czech touch keyboard layout where numbers on the &123 view couldn’t be inserted into UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t use touch to interact with the Timeline scrollbar.
- We fixed an issue where a failed app update could result in that app becoming unpinned from the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue where the controls in the Focus Assist Settings subpages didn’t have accessible labels.
- We fixed an issue from the last few flights where after launching, minimizing, then closing UWP apps enough times, you would stop being able to launch UWP apps.
There are three different ISOs of Build 17115, which are Windows 10 Insider Preview, Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise, and Windows 10 Insider Preview Home China.
However, in order to download the ISO, you first need to join the Windows Insider Preview program (if you are not registered), by clicking here. You will have start from start from scratch with this new OS version before everyone else
Once you have signed up and logged in, just head to this page to start the Windows 10 Build 17115 ISO download. Choose the edition you require from the drop-down box, and then click on ‘Confirm’. Later, choose the product language, and then click on ‘Confirm’. Once done, select a 32 or 64-bit download.