How Does a Spy Cell Phone Software Work? Protect Your Phone
The last years have demonstrated a powerful boost in modern inventions in the world of tracking and surveillance. Now with the use of mobile technologies, it became possible to keep an eye on someone`s device remotely.
The appearance of spyware is directly linked to the way modern technologies have changed our lives over the past few years. While before a smartphone was only a way to stay in touch with a family, now it is an integral part of our everyday life.
Many people live their lives on their devices, storing information and recording everything they do. For this reason, cell phones became the main target for spying apps.
Spyware for cell phones helps to make this task easier and available to everyone. Actually, even if you don`t have access to the target device, you still can check what the owner is up to, getting useful insights about the information stored on the phone.
What is Cell Phone Spyware?
Spyware is malicious software (or malware) that secretly intercepts and shares sensitive information without a user`s consent. It can be installed as a hidden component of the software or through fraudulent ads, websites, instant messengers, links, file-sharing connections, etc.
In most cases, malware is difficult to detect as it runs quietly on the background, capturing the user information and device activities.
This includes browsing history, keystrokes, authentication credentials, keystrokes, screenshots, emails, credit card numbers, passwords, and other personal information.
How to Get a Spyware for Cell Phone
Spyware can infect your device in the same ways any other type of malware does. For instance, by means of a Trojan, exploit worm-like viruses, etc. Here is the list of the most common techniques to infect your computer or cell phone:
- Security vulnerabilities: You may infect your computer by following suspicious links or opening attachments know as they may contain viruses and spyware. More than this, it is also possible to infect your device with spyware just visiting a malicious website or clicking a fraudulent pop-up.
- Deceptive marketing: Quite often, spyware authors introduce their malicious programs as a must-have tool, which may improve the device performance and provide a range of benefits.
- Software bundles: All people like cost-free applications. But very often they are only a host program that hides malicious add-ons, plugins or extensions. The worst thing is that even if you uninstall the host app, the spyware will still be on your device.
- Misc: In addition to the primary malicious intent, Trojans, worms and other viruses also distribute spyware.
What Harm Can Spyware Do?
Spyware tracks all your activities, including Web browsing and movements having a direct effect on your information.
A thing to worry about is spyware for cell-phones. These programs are aimed at gathering device information for nefarious purposes. For instance, identity theft, corporate espionage, spying on camera or recording someone`s surroundings.
The spyware for cell phones is a kind of malware, which is about to become more prevalent in the future as mobile devices get more like computers.
What Can Spyware for Cell Phones Do?
Whatever app you choose, all major spyware manufacturers offer a similar number of features:
- Text messages: all text messages, both sent and received are available for tracking. Some companies even allow the deleted messages monitoring.
- Web history: Internet browsing history, bookmarks, and cookies are also visible for checking.
- GPS: current GPS location, as well as the recent movements, are available for tracking.
- Downloads: photos, videos, calendar entries, contacts, and other data are also available for monitoring.
- Email: sent and received emails can be viewed, including the other information like sender, recipient, date and time.
All these features are considered as basic ones provided by all spyware manufacturers. But some of them offer advanced features for the extra cost. The advanced features include:
- Call recording: all target phone incoming or outgoing voice calls can be recorded, download and played back later on.
- Instant messengers: WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Snapchat and other platforms can be monitored.
- Phone surroundings: target device surroundings can be recorded with the activated microphone.
- Remote controls: this feature allows getting full control over the target device, blocking and unlocking it. If needed it is possible even to wipe all the data from the target device.
- Installed apps: all the installed apps can be tracked, helping to restrict the unwanted ones.
- Alerts: using this feature it is possible to set up a list of trigger words and be informed when they appear on the target device. The same can be done with phone numbers.
Facts About Spyware for Cell Phones-
- The spyware for cell phones can be installed from suspicious websites, Bluetooth, MMS or PC connection. Its way directly depends on the target device compatibility.
- Spyware for cell phones which is claimed to be installed remotely via Bluetooth connection, need to be paired with a target device first.
- Spyware for cell phones remote installation is possible, but it is needed to trick a person into downloading and installing it on their device.
- The easiest way to trick a target into the installation of spyware for a cell phone is to send bogus MMS with a hazardous link. Sending messages with fake links can easily trick the owner into the spyware download.
- Spyware for phones can spy the following activities: calls, texts, installed apps, browsing history, GPS location, multimedia, and any other information.
- Some individuals claim that it is possible to extract voice from target phone without installation and spy the phone only having a phone number. But it is absolutely impossible.
- Spyware for cell phone can be used as a bug to record the target device surroundings and play it back later.
There is a great number of spyware for cell phones available on the market these days. We do hope that in this article, we’ve shed some light on the spyware functionality and possibilities.
The author Payel Dutta
Happy soul, fond of travelling and loves to read tech columns.