You might feel that a hard drive recovery software is not really needed but in reality it could prove to be a lifesaver. In situations where you have lost important files from your hard drive, only data recovery software can help you restore them or in the very least gain access to them again. There are several such programs and tool out there that help recover hard drive data free but we recommend you use the best free data recovery software to get maximum benefit. You can also find good free hard drive recovery software online.
When is free hard drive recovery software useful?
You can make use of such software in many instances to recover files from formatted hard drive free or to also recover files from external hard drive on your mac for free.
- Accidental Deletion – If you deleted some files (and removed them from the Recycle Bin as well) but now need them again, then only a hard drive data recovery software free can help.
- Hard Drive Crash – This happens more often than you think. Your hard drive could crash which results in you losing access to everything stored on it. A best free hard drive recovery software can get those files for you.
- Physical Damage to Hard Drive – Recovery software can help in situations where you have somehow damaged your hard drive; in some cases, even a single scratch can render it useless.
- Formatted Hard Drive – Sometimes people format their hard drives and then later realise that they wanted to keep some files. However, they won’t be able to find the files on the hard drive anymore. You can use a free hard drive recovery tool in that case.
If you are in one or more of the above situations then you can make use of an external hard drive recovery free software as well. However, if your hard drive is physically damaged to a great extent then even a drive recovery software free might not really work.
How does hard drive data recovery software work?
In most cases, such as accidental deletion and formatted disk, the files are actually still present somewhere on the disk but it has lost reference of where they are exactly located. The software or tool will help the system to trace its path back to the lost files. Most software and tools come with an easy-to-use method and deliver quick, effective results. It is a safe and secured way of getting back lost data.
You can also refer to reviews and more about the best free data recovery choices available in the market and then decide upon the best ones. Some of the incredible ones in the market are also free for everyone along with a paid advance version, which is not required in most cases. You can also find different versions for Mac iOS and Windows systems; like, there are good mac hard drive recovery software free versions.
Bonus Tip: 4 Ways to Avoid Data Loss
Though nowadays there are so many ways to get access to lost data, like using top free data recovery software options or freeware data recovery software, but you can make things all the more easier by completely avoiding a data loss situation. Here are 4 simple yet effective ways in which you can keep your data safe and secure –
- Keep a digital backup – If your data is important, especially if it is work related, make regular digital backups. You can use mediums like your Google account or other platforms as well to back up your data at regular intervals. This will ensure that you can always access your data in any situation.
- Keep an off-internet backup – If you have some data that is essentially important then you can also consider backing it up to a pen drive or a new hard disk. In any unfortunate situation, you can still be rest assured of your data being safe and easily accessible.
- Keep your system up-to-date – In most cases of data loss, the usual thing that happens is that the entire system either crashes or is corrupted. You can avoid this by keeping your system up-to-date. Install a legit anti-virus program and clear your cache regularly. Keep the system in a good condition, always.
- Look before emptying the Recycle Bin – Before you empty the bin, always ensure that there are no files in there that have been mistakenly deleted. This will help you save a lot of time and effort.
- You should opt for best free data recovery software in case you lose access to your data due to accidental deletion, corrupted hard drive or even if data loss has occurred due to formatted disk.
- Free data recovery software helps the system/disk to trace its path back to the files which are still located somewhere on them only.
- Free data recovery program is a secured way of retrieving lost data. They do not store copies of your data anywhere as they work on your system alone.
- There are free data recovery software mac and free data recovery software windows options available as well.
- You can use the free data recovery software for PC or also opt for the data recovery software free full version. Some have paid full versions as well.
- Avoid data loss situations by keeping regular backups (on and off the internet), updating your system and anti-virus program and more.
The author Payel Dutta
Happy soul, fond of travelling and loves to read tech columns.