Razer introduced the concept of gaming smartphones with the Razer Phone. It didn’t even take a year for major smartphone manufacturers like Xiaomi and ASUS to adopt the concept and produce their own gaming smartphones. Well, Razer now announced its second generation gaming smartphone the Razer Phone 2.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Razer Phone 2.
Razer Phone 2: Specifications And Features
Razer Phone 2 has a sturdy metal and glass construction and comes with a Razer Chroma RGB logo on the back that can be customized for different colours. The display on the Razer Phone 2 is possibly its major highlight. Well, this time around Razer has used a 5.72-inch Quad HD 120 Hz UltraMotion display.
This display is ideal for gaming and delivers the fastest refresh rates on any smartphone.
The upper and lower part of the display house two massive front-firing stereo speakers. These speakers double up as a reliable grip while playing games. Razer Phone 2 is powered by the flagship Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with Adreno 630 GPU. Consequently, you won’t find any issue during prolonged gaming sessions.
Razer Phone 2 Specifications
- 5.72-inch Quad HD IGZO LCD UltraMotion display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels and 645 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB (UFS) storage, expandable storage up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens, OIS, Dual PDAF and a 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 aperture telephoto lens, Sony IMX Sensors, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Stereo front-facing speakers with Dual amplifiers, 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, Wireless Charging
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 78.99 x 8.5 mm
One of the major problem while playing games on smartphones is heating. Well, Razer overcomes heating with Vapor Chamber Cooling. This cooling technology allows heat to spread throughout the phone via a custom vapor chamber which tremendously expands the surface area for heat to dissipate, resulting in faster cooling of the phone.
Razer Phone 2: Pricing
The Razer Phone 2 is available in Mirror and Satin variants. This gaming smartphone is priced at $799 (roughly Rs. 59,450). Do share your thoughts and opinions on gaming smartphones in the comments section below.