These simple Facebook tips and tricks will help you use it like a pro
- These simple Facebook tips and tricks will help you use it like a pro
- 1. Change your profile pic into an animated GIF
- 2. Get to know how your profile looks like to the public and individual friends
- 3. You can save interesting news in your News Feed for later viewing
- 4. See your Facebook activity done on the same day in the past
- 5. Turn off auto-playing videos in your News Feed
- 6. What’s trending on Facebook allows you to stay updated on the hottest news
- 7. Hide your list of friends from everyone but you
- 8. Hide your relationship status change from your friends
- 9. Never get a request to play Candy Crush again.
- 10. Hide specific photo albums and events on your timeline
- 11. Your Activity Log shows everything you’ve liked, shared, and commented on in the past.
- 12. Know the difference between a “friend” and a “follower” on Facebook
- 13. You can block people from contacting you
- 14. You can choose profiles and pages you never want to miss updates from in your News Feed.
- 15. You can choose to hide your shared post from specific people
Many of us spend majority of their time on phone using Facebook, the most popular social networking website. At the last count Facebook had nearly 1.7 billion active users. Facebook not only allows you to stay in touch with friends but also help you find the latest news.
Therefore, it is very important to know how you can use Facebook as a pro. Provided below are few of the best tips and tricks that you should know while using Facebook.
1. Change your profile pic into an animated GIF
Select your profile picture from the Facebook mobile app and then “Take a New Profile Video” to upload a short video loop of yourself. The result looks like a combination between an animated GIF and a moving picture frame.
2. Get to know how your profile looks like to the public and individual friends
To see what information on your profile is visible to others, all you need to do is login into Facebook on the desktop website. Then, go to your profile, click the ellipsis and then “View as…”
3. You can save interesting news in your News Feed for later viewing
You can access your bookmarked links, photos, videos, places and more from the “Saved” page on your Facebook profile. The page is included under the “More” tab in the Facebook mobile app.
4. See your Facebook activity done on the same day in the past
Facebook’s “On This Day” feature shows your activity on its social network on the same day from years past.
“On This Day” activity is only visible to you, and you can find the feature from the link Facebook.com/onthisday. Facebook also allows you to hide certain people from showing up in your past activity, which is helpful if you are not interested in seeing memories of your past.
5. Turn off auto-playing videos in your News Feed
You can turn the setting off, if you do not wish videos on Facebook to automatically playing in your News Feed.
select “Videos and Photos” under the “More” tab in the Facebook mobile app. You can choose to auto play videos over cellular and WiFi connections, just WiFi, or never.
6. What’s trending on Facebook allows you to stay updated on the hottest news
Trending list features all the news that are currently being talked about the most on Facebook. To use this feature, you need to go to the right of the News Feed on the desktop and under the search bar in Facebook’s mobile app.
7. Hide your list of friends from everyone but you
You can hide your entire list of friends, if you do not wish people to see who you are friends with.
Click the “Manage” pen icon on the right from your friends list on the desktop, and then “Edit Privacy.” You can then change who can see your friends list, the people you follow, and your followers.
8. Hide your relationship status change from your friends
You can hide your relationship status change from your friends. This means that other than you no one else can see the changes in the status of relationship made by you. In other words, the change will not show up in your friends’ News Feeds.
All you need to do is, change the privacy filter to “Only Me” while editing your profile under “Family and Relationships.”
9. Never get a request to play Candy Crush again.
Want to keep annoying Facebook games like Candy Crush from spamming you with invites? It’s simple.
In Facebook’s mobile app, under the “More” tab, select “Settings” then “Account Settings” followed by “Notifications.” Go to “Mobile,” scroll all the way down, and un-check “Application Invites.”
10. Hide specific photo albums and events on your timeline
Do not want people to see your certain albums or events in your life, whether it be a relationship change, new job, etc.? You can hide them so that only you can see them on Facebook.
Please note the little gray icon next to a photo album or post. A padlock means only you can see it, two little people mean that it can only be seen by your friends, and a globe means it’s public.
Facebook documents all of your activity on the social network in your activity log. You can easily access it on your profile from both the desktop site and mobile app.
12. Know the difference between a “friend” and a “follower” on Facebook
Facebook provides you two ways to connect with someone, which is by becoming friends with them and by following them.
Being friends means that you and the other person have approved the connection and likely know each other, while following an account means that the person hasn’t added you back as a friend.
If someone follows you, they will only see posts you share publicly. At any time, you can turn off the ability for people to follow your account from the “Followers” section of your account settings.
13. You can block people from contacting you
If you do not wish someone to contact you, or make sure that they are unable to see your profile, all you need to do is go to their profile page, click on the three dots to the far right. Select “Block.”
14. You can choose profiles and pages you never want to miss updates from in your News Feed.
Don’t want to miss updates from selected people or pages in your News feed no matter what, you can choose them in the Facebook mobile app.
Tap “Settings” under the app’s “More” tab and then “News Feed Preferences” to get started.
People and pages you’ve marked to see first will have a little blue star next to their posts in your feed.
Your Facebook posts can be shared with your friends, friends and friends of friends, or anyone who views your profile.
On a case-by-case basis, you can choose these sharing options from the drop down menu at the top right of a post. From the desktop, just click the little friends or globe icon next to a post’s time stamp. While on the mobile app, select “Edit Privacy” and choose one of the options.
If you wish everyone to see a post expect a few people, then you can choose to hide it from specific people by selecting “Friends except…” on the mobile app and “Custom” on the desktop.
Here are some simple tips which can help you use Facebook like a pro. There are 15 more tips which are made in a separate post.