Xiaomi shook the entire smartphone industry when it launched the POCO F1 with flagship-grade hardware at a mid-range smartphone price.
Well, the Chinese tech giant has just launched the successor to the POCO F1, i.e., the POCO F2 Pro. Xiaomi spinoff announced this smartphone at a global online event.
So here’s everything you need to know about the new flagship killer smartphones from POCO.
POCO F2 Pro: Specifications And Features
The POCO F2 Pro offers a plethora of features that were unheard of in this price segment. This smartphone features a premium construction, and it’s available in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Gray color variants. The complete glass and metal construction of POCO F2 Pro help it to stand out from the crowd.
The 6.67-inch E3 Super AMOLED screen with a 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 60Hz refresh rate, and 180Hz touch sampling rate is impressive to look at. Luckily, both the front and back glass of Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
POCO F2 Pro doesn’t house any notch, and it’s almost bezeless. Similar to flagship smartphones like the last years OnePlus 7 Pro, POCO F2 Pro also has a pop-up front camera.
POCO F2 Pro Specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ E3 HDR10+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 × 1080 pixels and with 1200nit (Max brightness) / 800nit (HBM) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 custom skin based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7? Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8?m pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 ?m, 5MP (50mm equivalent tele) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh battery with 30W fast charging
The flagship Snapdragon 865 processor powers the POCO F2 Pro. Consequently, performance will never be an issue on this smartphone, no matter what you throw at it.
Furthermore, POCO has included 3435mm² VC liquid-cooled heat sink for better heat dissipation.
This technology will also keep this smartphone cool under a heavy workload, and the CPU won’t throttle at all. Moreover, POCO F2 Pro supports 5G SA/NSA support with Snapdragon X55 Modem.
In addition to flagship-grade performance, POCO F2 Pro also has a capable quad camera setup. The setup consists of a 64MP Sony IMX686 1/1.7micrometre sensor, and it supports four-axis OIS and incorporates a 4-in-1 (1.6micrometre) Super Pixel. Next up, there’s a 13-megapixel 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) tele macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
With the POCO F2 Pro, POCO has also catered to the needs of gamers. Some of the gamers centric features of this smartphone are Game Turbo 3.0, 4D vibration when playing games with Z-axis motor, and has been certified by TÜV Rheinland for high-performance gaming.
Pricing And Availability
The base variant of POCO F2 Pro with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage costs €499 (Rs. 40,740 approx). On the other hand, the variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage costs €599 (Rs. 48,870 approx).