Moto E 2nd Gen launched by Motorola with a unique conference
Moto E launched by Motorola includes latest Android phone features like Lollipop software, 4.5 inch screen, 4G/LTE and with the idea of bringing it to the choice of a common user.
You want to own an Android phone with latest features and it should also be easy on your pockets? If the answer is yes, then you have some good news, Motorola has launched its latest Moto E yesterday which would cost $149 only. The new handset was delivered to some select members of the press and the box resembled a miniature of press conference with Moto E handset inside, must say wow! surely an unique way to unveil a new handset!!
Lets have a quick check of the great features incorporated in this 2nd generation Motorola Moto E:
- Latest Android software Lollipop 5.0
- Display screen: 4.5-inch qHD with 540×960 display resolution (Which will give high definition vibrant picture quality)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protecting the display screen
- 4G/ LTE speed
- 1.2GH quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and a 400MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 8GB storage space expandable till 32GB via micro SD card
- 1GB of RAM
- 2390 mAh battery which has a capacity to work for a full day on single charge
- Light in weight as it weighs around 145 grams
- Camera: VGA camera in front and rear camera is of 5 megapixel which can record 720p video. The camera has an auto focus feature and also it has been supplemented with sensors to trigger a Quick Capture which means the camera gets started just by jerking the handset.
- Moto Notifications and Updates are new features added to the above advanced software.
- Two main handsets white and black are available and these can be personalized by using 6 different colors of interchangeable Motorola Bands. The bands are available in following colors: Blue, Golden Yellow, Raspberry, Turquoise, Purple, Red.
- Also five different Motorola Grip Shells are provided which gives it more protection and grip to the phone without adding to its thickness these colors are Blue, Golden Yellow, Charcoal, Raspberry, Turquoise.
- It also includes: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0LE, GPS/ A-GPS, GLONASS and Micro-USB.
Moto E is now available in 40 retail markets around the world. Above given are the features of 4G/ LTE handsets. Moto E also has the 3G version and the only difference would be its 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200, 32-bit processor and 400MHz Adreno 302 GPU. Cost of this handset is expected to be around $120 as against the 4G version which costs around $150.
As per Magno Herran, the marketing manager for new Moto E, they have designed this Moto E so that it should be a “choice for everyone”. Also he says they have not dumped the phone with all the apps in Android because some of the apps are really not of use to the user hence the phone has few basic apps and others can be downloaded from the app store as and when it is required.
Moto E 2nd Gen seems to be a good choice for the mass crowd and youngsters who would want to own an Android with so many features and a sleek design also interchangeable bands and shells which will give their handset a new look and all this in an affordable cost. Smartphone manufacturers are actually trying to manufacture a phone which will really catch their audiences, well Moto E does seem to be the one.
Take a look at the promo video to see what Moto E 2nd Gen feels like :