Asus ZenFone 2 series will make its debut in India towards the mid week of April.
Asus has officially announced that it will release its flagship ZenFone 2 series in India towards mid April 2015. Asus ZenFone series had launched its Zenfone 2 model: ZE551ML, at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2015) in Las Vegas and now it is available for online purchase in U.S. Neither the exact price nor the launch date has been revealed by the company however according to a small teaser regarding the launch gave the details that Asus has come up with 3 models of Asus ZenFone 2 which will be released by end of next month in India. The three models expected to release in India are:
- Model: ZE551ML with 5.5 inch display and a 4 GB RAM,
- Model: ZE550 ML has a 2GB RAM and
- Model: ZE500CL has 5 inch display and 2GB RAM.
The 5 inch display (ZE500CL) is the smallest model of Asus and is just a refresher of the most popular ZenFone 5, the phone is more or less like ZenFone 5 with the only change in its visual display which comprises of a 5-inch HD display with Gorilla Glass 3 for visuals and a 1.6 GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor. The ZenFone 2 bearing model number ZE500CL is available on Amazon U.S. for a price of $219 (£147), which is shipped free of cost. The factory unlocked edition of 4G LTE single SIM variant is the one that is listed on Amazon US however it comes without any warranty.
In India the flagship phone Asus ZenFone 2 bearing model number ZE551ML is exepected to release somewhere around 13th of April. Lets have a quick look at the technical specification of the Zenfone 2 series:
- Processor: 4 GB RAM supported by 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor along with 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor. This helps the phone to become super fast and it also gives the users an opportunity to play multiple high end games.
- Display: The phone has a new ergonomic design accompanied with a 5.5-inch Full HD and a 1280x1920p, IPS display supported with a wide 178-degree viewing angle. The display has a narrow 3.3mm bezel that gives ZenFone 2 a 72% screen-to-body ratio. The screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Overall the display performance is enhanced with brighter colors.
- Operating System: It has the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop in all the 3 models.
- Camera: 13MP rear autofocus with an f/2.0 wide-aperture lens as its rear camera with dual LED, Front camera: 5MP front snapper for video calling and also it supports selfies as it provides 85% field view for the user.
- Of the two models: ZE551ML has 4 GB RAM and the ZE550ML as well as ZE500CL has 2 GB RAM
- The internal storage again is of different variants as given 16/32/64 GB internal storage. MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 64 GB. All the 3 models have the same expandable capacity.
- Connectivity: 4G-LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-Polymer battery. Wherein with a single charge user can use the battery for one full day also the charging is at a super speed, it seems within 40 minutes 60% of the battery gets charged up.
- The phone also supports Dual SIM hence allowing users to opt for 2 active phone lines.
- Body of the phone: The entire body of the phone has a brushed metallic finish and the volume key has been placed on the rear mount.
- Asus ZenFone 2 is available in a variety of colors : Osmium Black, Glacier Gray, Sheer Gold, Glamour Red and Ceramic White colors.
Further, Asus CEO Jerry Shen also revealed that the Zenfone 3 will have a “finger print sensor”, in addition he said that in the later half of year 2015 the ZenFone 2 variants will be released with the feature of the “finger print sensor” and that the users need not wait for the release of ZenFone 3 for experiencing this sensor. The international rates started from about $199, in India the rates have not yet been declared so need to wait till next month to see at what price the ZenFone 2 will be released and after the growing success of the first generation of Asus it would be really interesting to see the response for this series.
Update: Asus launches its Zenfone 2 in India with 4GB RAM for Rs.19,999.00