Xiaomi’s smart 40-inch Android powered Mi TV 2 will cost 1999 CNY ( $320) to be sold only in China
Xiaomi Technology Co Ltd introduced a new TV to its Mi TV series at an event in China on 24th March. The 40 inch Android powered Mi TV 2 is smaller and with a lower resolution display as well as cheaper when compared to the last years release Mi TV 2. This TV is now available for sale only in China through the company owned website Mi.com.
Quick glance at the features of the 40-inch Android powered Mi TV 2:
- It has 40-inch display with Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) screen resolution accompanied with a Sharp SDP X-GEN LED-backlit panel that offers a contrast ratio of 5000:1.
- Processor: It is powered by a quad-core 1.1GHz Cortex A9 processor along with 2 GB RAM.
- Storage capacity: 8 GB of internal storage.
- OS: Its a smart TV that runs on Android 4.4-based MIUI TV OS and Xiaomi has also ensured that soon it will provide the users with the Android 5.0 Lollipop up gradation.
- The new variant supports H.265 10-bit hardware decoding which helps in improved video playback allowing user to watch H.265, H.264, MPEG4 and REAL as well as other mainstream video formats like RM, FLV, MOV, AVI, MKV, TS and MP4 which is in built in the system.
- Thickness is only 14.5 mm and Xiaomi boasts this to be the thinnest of the TVs.
- The TV is also available in a range of bright colored back casings which is very much attractive.
- It can used as a smart full HD TV or can even be used as Android gaming console.
- Xiaomi has put up 40-inch Android powered FHD Mi TV 2 for sale only in China as of now for a price of 1999 CNY which is equal to $320.
Xiaomi also has plans to launch its another TV set from the Mi TV series which will be in the 4K line up however it seems Xiaomi would release that in countries outside China by end of this year. For the one released today in China it seems that this TV would be available in U.S. and Europe later this year.
Xiaomi, a technology conglomerate, has truly shown that technology can be made available at at reasonably affordable price with the introduction of not only cheaper smartphones but also cheaper and much powered Android based TV sets!!