Table Of Contents
Here’s how you can use WhatsApp Messenger on your SIM-less device
WhatsApp Messenger is probably today the most globally popular and free messaging service available. You can use the service to send and share text messages, images, video, user location and audio media messages and share almost anything with your friends. To ensure that most of the users can use it, WhatsApp is made available across all the mobile platforms including Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia and Windows Phone.
However, there is one flip side to the app. You can install and use WhatsApp Messenger only on devices that has a mobile SIM. So, what about devices or tablets that do not have a SIM card?
Do not worry. You can now use WhatsApp on devices without a SIM card. All you need is a SIM card and a phone number that is not registered on WhatApp to install the app. Once your WhatsApp account is activated, you can continue using it on other devices without the SIM card. Well, there is a method to it.
When you install WhatsApp, it will ask you for a phone number in order to receive a verification code, as every WhatsApp account is connected to a phone number. However, even though you need a SIM card to get an account on the device that you want to use WhatsApp on, you need not necessarily need one.
Let’s see how we can use WhatsApp on a device without a SIM card.
If you are using a smartphone or a tablet without a SIM card, you can continue using WhatsApp as long as you have an account associated with another phone. It means that in order to access WhatsApp on another, you need not stop using the device in which you have an existing WhatsApp account.
You can follow these steps below to turn your SIM-less device into an extension of your existing WhatsApp account:
- Go to Google Chrome and open it on the phone or tablet without a SIM card and access the settings in the top right.
- Select ‘View as computer’.
- Now go to the official WhatsApp Messenger download page, which will display a QR code and download it on your device.
- Open WhatsApp with the phone that has a SIM card, then go to the settings in the top right corner, choose ‘WhatsApp Web’ and scan the QR code on the SIM-less device.
- It will now show all your conversations and contacts on the device without a SIM, and you can use WhatsApp in the same way as before.
This method is pretty useful to continue messaging even without a SIM card.
Do let us know the methods that you have used to install WhatsApp Messenger on your device without a SIM card in the comments section below.