Get rid of the annoying bloatware on Android devices by using the Debloater App from XDA
The whole Android community has been fighting against the bloatware that comes on board with the new Android devices. These pre-installed applications can be loaded either by the device manufacturer or by the carrier that is selling the product, or both.
However, the good thing is that some of the phone makers allow such bloatware to be removed from devices but not all do so. Even mobile carriers are offering some solution just so consumers won’t get annoyed easily. For instance, in South Korea, the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning has taken a really pro-active stand towards helping consumers to remove bloatware from mobile devices.
For those who do not live in South Korea, the good news is that there’s the Debloater program by XDA member Gatesjunior (version 3.90) that allows you to remove all carrier bloat without rooting the device.
The ‘Debloater’ isn’t an official solution from Google’s Android team nor it is from a particular brand or carrier. Since, it’s just a software that was developed by a genius developer, you should be warned that you agree to try this program at your own risk. Any modifications or redistributions that you may want to do to the Debloater would require the permission of the developer.
The Debloater has been mainly created to “block or disable apps on devices through the command line and or shell,” says the developer. As there is no rooting involved, few requirements needs to be complied with like granting access to a Windows Operating System, manufacturer USB drivers installed, Android KitKat or above, and USB Debugging turned on for your device.
Gatesjunior shared a complete list of what the Debloater does:
• Block or Disable applications on your device
• UnBlock or Enable applications on your device
• Allow UnBlock or Enable all applications at once on your device
• Allows filtering of the displayed packages for quicker decision making
• Allows exporting your blocked or unblocked listing to a file (Right click on Read Device Packages after list is loaded)
• Allows importing your blocked, or someone else’s, listing (Right click on Read Device Packages after list is loaded)
• Allows complete removal of application(s) if you have root (It will backup the original folder structure and apk for you, just in case you need to restore the application(s) back to your device.
To summarize it, this program will simply disable or block third-party apps or system that is not necessary on your device. The Debloater can read everything in real time or directly from a device. No more perplexing and messy txt files, scripts, or files to maintain or keep record of.
The author Kavita Iyer
An individual, optimist, homemaker, foodie, a die hard cricket fan and most importantly one who believes in Being Human