After teasing its new flagship smartphone for weeks, OnePlus has finally launched the OnePlus 8 Pro at an online event. The successor to last year’s OnePlus 7T Pro packs many noteworthy upgrades.
Moreover, the OnePlus 8 Pro is better than Samsung’s Galaxy S20+ in multiple aspects.
If you have been eyeing a powerful Android flagship smartphone, then the OnePlus 8 Pro might impress you.
ALSO READ: 10 Best 5G Smartphones To Buy In 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro: Specifications And Features
OnePlus 8 Pro sports a full glass and metal construction that looks premium. Sadly, the quad-camera module on this smartphone bulges out and compromises with the design symmetry of this smartphone. 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protects both the front and back glass panels of OnePlus 8 Pro.
After seven generations of wait, the OnePlus 8 Pro finally comes with IP68 water and dust resistance certification.
The next major highlight of this flagship smartphone is its 6.78 inches Fluid AMOLED display. This display has a resolution of 1440 x 3168 pixels, and the 120Hz refresh rate makes the experience of using this smartphone flawless.
The MEMC chip in this smartphone transforms standard videos at 24fps to up to 120 fps. According to OnePlus, this chip is ideal for watching sports, and action-packed content since MEMC reduces motion blur, stuttering, and ghosting for unmatched clarity.
OnePlus 8 Pro Specifications
- 6.78-inch (3168 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 120Hz 19.8:9 Fluid AMOLED display with up to 1,300 nits brightness, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB (UFS 3.0) / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0 custom skin
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.78 aperture, LED Flash, 0.8?m pixel size, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, Dual Native ISO, 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with 119.7° ultra-wide lens and f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.44 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom and 30x Digital Zoom, OIS, 5MP color filter camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Audio 3D, Audio Zoom, OZO Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4510mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A), 30W Wireless fast charging, Wireless reverse charging
The recently launched Snapdragon 865 processor powers OnePlus 8 Pro. This Processor can effortlessly handle heavy multitasking and all sorts of resource-intensive tasks. The X55 5G modem on this smartphone supports both NSA and SA 5G. In a nutshell, you won’t face any performance-related issues with this smartphone.
OnePlus 8 Pro sports a quad camera setup. This setup consists of a 48 MP, f/1.7 primary sensor coupled with an 8 MP, f/2.4 telephoto lens, a 48 MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, and a 5MP color filter camera. The primary 48 MP sensor on this smartphone is capable of shooting 4K resolution videos.
Furthermore, the 8MP f/2.0 telephoto lens offers a 3X hybrid optical zoom with minimal loss in quality. The 16 MP, f/2.4 front-facing camera is also wide enough to take group selfies.
At last, OnePlus has finally listened to its users and introduced wireless charging. The 4510mAh battery of this smartphone comes with Warp Charge 30T fast charging that can charge the phone up to 50% in just 23 minutes.
On the other hand, Warp Charge 30 Wireless fast charging can charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes. The phone also supports wireless reverse charging to charge other devices.
Pricing And Availability
The OnePlus 8 Pro is available in Onyx Black (gloss-finish glass), Glacial Green (matte glass) and Ultramarine Blue (gloss-finish glass) color variants, and it is priced at $899 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs $999.