Sony has recently announced its 2020 flagship offering namely Sony Xperia 5 II. This flagship smartphone packs a visually impressive OLED display; offers reliable and fast performance; and comes with a feature-packed triple camera setup.
Similar to every other flagship smartphone the entire glass and metal construction of this smartphone looks and feels premium. Thanks to the 21:9 aspect ratio of the display the overall form-factor of the Sony Xperia 5 II is quite compact.
In this article, we have shared everything you need to know about the Sony Xperia 5 II.
Table Of Contents
Sony Xperia 5 II: Specifications And Features
If design aesthetics are on top of your priority list then the latest flagship offering from Sony won’t disappoint you. In addition to being premium, the construction is robust as well. Both the front and back glass panels of the smartphone are protected by Gorilla Glass 6 and it offers IP65/IP68 dust/water-resistance.
The OLED HDR display on this smartphone will take your media consumption experience to a new horizon.
Sony Xperia 5 II Specifications
- 6.1-inch Full HD+ OLED HDR Display with a resolution of 2520×1080 pixels, 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, ZEISS optics, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 124° ultra-wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8mm; Weight: 163g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, and NFC for connectivity
- USB 3.1 Type-C port
- 4000mAh Battery with USB-PD fast charging
Unquestionably, the flagship Snapdragon 865 SoC can handle anything you throw at it. Moreover, Adreno 650 GPU is ideal for long gaming sessions. Lastly, the triple camera setup of Xperia 5 II is very versatile. As a matter of fact, its one of the USP of the device.
Sony states that Xperia 5 II is the world’s first phone to feature 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion movie recording and it can capture and playback up to 5x slow-motion when recorded at 24fps.
Pricing And Availability
Available in only one Black color variant the Sony Xperia 5 II is priced at $950. The smartphone will first be launched in the USA and by the fall it will be available in Europe as well.