Tor, The Onion routing Anonymity browser which is the first love for every online privacy advocates has released its latest version, Tor Browser 4.0.4.
The latest release, Tor Browser 4.0.4 is based on Firefox ESR 31.5.0, which features important security updates to Firefox. Additionally, it contains updates to NoScript, HTTPS-Everywhere, and OpenSSL
Here are the Updates which Tor Browser 4.0.4 is carrying,
- Update Firefox to 31.5.0esr
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1l
- Update NoScript to 22.214.171.124
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 4.0.3
Bugs and Flaws patched in latest Tor 4.0.4 Browser,
- Bug 14203: Prevent meek from displaying an extra update notification
- Bug 14849: Remove new NoScript menu option to make permissions permanent
- Bug 14851: Set NoScript pref to disable permanent permissions
The Latest version, Tor Browser 4.0.4 can be downloaded from Tor Projects official website.
Tor has said that it was not affected by the OpenSSL vulnerability but it has anyhow fixed the bug in this stable release.