Tutorial : How to run multiple WhatsApp accounts in a single Android device using OGWhatsApp and Switchme App
Wanna run multiple WhatsApp accounts in a single Android device……….Yes it can be done by downloading new OGWhatsApp and Switchme App.
Whatsapp is the new trend nowadays which is popular among Android users to stay connected with family and friends. WhatsApp is a free app and helps in sending and receiving text messages, images, videos, files etc via internet not only that it has also recently included the WhatsApp call facility so it is one of the most easy User Interface app liked by millions across the globe.
Till now users could have only one WhatsApp account at a time linked to their phone number however Android has now introduced two new apps for their users which allows multiple WhatsApp accounts on a single Android device. Of the two apps one app does not need to be rooted to the device while the other needs to be rooted to the android device to allow the multiple WhatsApp accounts.
OGWhatsApp: This is an Android app which would allow the Android user to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single Android device without the need to root Android device. By following the steps listed below users can use one WhatsApp account on the OGWhatsApp while the other account can be run through the normal WhatsApp.
- Users need to first take a complete backup of their WhatsApp chats and data.
- Next step is to Clear the WhatsApp data : Go to Settings>apps>WhatsApp>Clear Data.
- Users would then need to navigate through file explorer to sdcard/WhatsApp folder and rename it. This is done by Going to /sdcard/WhatsApp folder and renaming it to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp.
- Now the original WhatsApp needs to be uninstalled from the Android device.
- Now install the OGWhatsApp in the Android device using this link: https://apk2day.net/download/houKI7ip0xf4tHPDeK1cMmFuUHNfQlgyd3ZicGg1d0ZuU19YWGNrQnNkNDJfaTB2bl84XzgzOVA1eDQ
- OGWhatsApp once downloaded will ask for a phone number: “Remember” to give the old phone number that was already registered with the official WhatsApp earlier.
- OGWhatsApp is now ready with your old phone number.
- Now, download and install the official WhatsApp from your play store.
- This app will again ask for a phone number and now register the second phone number and also give a different smartphone number for verification.
- With the verification the WhatsApp will resume with your second number.
- Users can thus enjoy two WhatsApp accounts on single Android device using OGWhatsApp without even the need to root Android device.
Switchme App: This is another Android app that can help users to have two WhatsApp accounts using a single Android device having the dual SIM mode, however this app requires the Android device to be rooted for it to work. Switchme App allows the log in and out of multiple user spaces similar to that of the desktop computer however it needs root access to do this. Also here each account within the multiple account will have its own settings, applications and data due to this user cannot access the other data profile from their current profile.
- Rooting of Android device: Lets understand the rooting of Android device. For “Rooting the Android device” users need to first down load the “One Click Root” app from https://www.oneclickroot.com/ and with just a click the Android device can be rooted to Android system. Basically Android rooting would give the users of Android device full access to the Android system within the device, to make any changes as per user’s will and wish. Users need to be very careful and need to follow the instructions carefully as they are now administrators of the system. Lets see how this rooted device can suffice our need of getting two WhatsApp accounts.
- Next users need to down load the Switchme App from the given link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme&hl=en
- Open the Switchme App and it will ask for Superuser request which users need to grant.
- User would need to create a new account in this Switchme App (user can user their own name for this new account). This profile being an administrator account will contain all the current apps and settings, it will also reflect the WhatsApp profile which is already installed in the Android device.
- User would now need to create another account in the Switchme App using a different name. Further user would need to choose the Switch option by selecting this account.
- With this switch option the device would reboot automatically.
- Once the device boots back user will not be able see any app that has been installed in primary account. Now user needs to install official Whatsapp again from play store and register it for different SIM / phone number. The Thumb rule which users might already know is that only one WhatsApp account can be registered per phone number.
- It could be a possibility that the SIM that user is registering in the WhatsApp is not present in the Android device, then user would simply need to choose the “Call me option” during the verification and get the code through the call and put this in the WhatsApp verification page. Thus the new WhatsApp will be registered with the second number!!
- User will have to switch their profile for using the WhatsApp accounts.
- Switchme App free version allows only two WhatsApp accounts for user.
So for Android users who are comfortable with rooting of device and switching the profiles can use Switchme App whereas for users who are not much acquainted with the rooting process can use the OGWhatsApp and have multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same device, indeed a thoughtful gesture of Google Inc.