Oppo R7 4G/LTE Android smartphone with metallic unibody and 3GB RAM to be launched on May 20th
Lot of rumors and teasers have been popping around lately for Oppo’s R7. After the release of R5, world’s thinnest smartphone, in 2014 its the turn of its successor R7. Oppo had earlier revealed that their new smartphone will be released in May, however the exact date was not known. Now, Oppo has officially confirmed that the new smartphone R7, sporting a metallic unibody design will be launched on May 20th, in China. There will be two variants of R7 namely: Oppo R7 and a premium Oppo R7 Plus.
Though a number of images and videos have been teased until now, however as per a recent report we do know that R7 touts a premium build quality which is a combination of metal and glass giving it a sleek look. A new teaser posted on Oppo’s Weibo page confirmed that the phone sports a metallic unibody design. The phone also sports three capacitive buttons just below the display. There are rumors that there is a possibility of another variant which would sport a physical home button. Further Oppo has also been certified by TENAA that is China’s equivalent to the FCC.
For quite sometime there were rumors that the phone will feature a ‘bezel-less’ display which was even confirmed by a video clip however Oppo has finally cleared the myths and it has confirmed that the smartphone will not come with the end to end technology and it has a thin bezel. R7 will feature a 2.5 D curved glass on top of the display and this reflects light that gives the phone its bezel-less look further Oppo also confirmed that there are very thin side bezels along the edges.
- Display: The phone sports a 5 inch with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and 1080×1920 pixels (approx 424 ppi pixel density) protected with Corning Gorilla glass 4.
- Processor: R7 will be available in two variants and one variant will be powered by Snapdragon 615 64-bit octa-core SoC clocked at 1.5GHz while the other one by MediaTek’s MT6752 64-bit octa-core. It seems that the Snapdragon variant will launch outside Asia whereas the MediaTek model will be Asia exclusive. It will be further coupled with 3 GB RAM.
- Storage: 16 GB internal storage, expandable upto 128 GB.
- Camera: The phone sports a 13 Megapixel camera on the rear side along with a LED flash. On the front side it will be equipped with 8 Megapixel shooter.
- OS: Oppo R7 will be pre installed with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS and in addition there will be Oppo’s Color OS skin also pre installed when it is shipped.
- Dimensions: The smartphone measures 143 x 71 x 6.3 mm and weighs around 139 grams. As per the TENAA certification R7 would be 6.3 mm thin as against the rumors that it would be thinner than Oppo’s R5 which is 4.85 mm in thickness.
- Connectivity: The phone boasts of 4G LTE connectivity.
- Power: R7 sports 2000 mAh battery.
As of now Oppo has not revealed its prices for both the variants. So readers need to just check here to know what other news Oppo will tease in the days to come as there are a couple of weeks left for the R7’s launch.