Brand New iPhone 6 Explodes During Call, Owner Escapes Unscathed

Gurgaon Owner Of iPhone 6 Escapes Unscathed After it Explodes During Call

A Gurgaon resident has claimed that his brand new Apple iPhone 6 heated up and exploded during a hands-free phone call. The owner, Kishan Yadav, a restaurateur by profession survived the mishap without any injury or damage.

He had reportedly bought the 64GB variant of the iPhone 6 from a leading mobile shop for Rs.60,000 ($950). The smartphone reportedly blew up on June 20, just two days after he had bought the handset according to report. Since, Yadav was using the phone on hands-free mode, it saved him from injury his face.

During the phone call, the iPhone began sparking and became extremely hot, he said. He somehow managed to grasp the device and throw it out the window, where it exploded upon hitting the ground.

“My face could have got burn (sic) as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds,” Yadav told The Times. “When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70 percent.”

According to the report, Yadav filed a police complaint on June 23 after he was not given an immediate resolution to the whole issue. The police later registered an FIR. Yadav said he took the blown up iPhone 6 to the local shop, where he was asked to go directly to the Apple store. The company apparently took the destroyed iPhone for an undisclosed period. Yadav was allegedly told that Apple would get back to him with an update on the issue. It’s not clear if Yadav has received an replacement unit yet.

Apple launched the iPhone 6 along with the iPhone 6 Plus in October, 2014. This is not the first instance of an iPhone or Android device exploding as such cases have been reported in other parts of the world as well.

However, since the device launched last year, this is apparently the first time an iPhone 6 has exploded in India. It happens so very often, mostly due to faulty third-party accessories or maybe a bad internal part. It is time that Apple looks into the matter, and ensures customer safety is not in danger.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here