Survey reveals that 89 percent people are not worried about the security of work files on mobile devices

89 percent users dont worry about mobile security of their work related files

The results of the survey conducted by Kaspersky Lab and B2B International showed that 89 percent of people are not concerned regarding the security of the work files that are kept on their mobile phones. This means the remaining 11 percent of the people, or about 1 in 10 professionals are worried about cyber criminals getting access to their confidential information stored in their mobile devices.

Given this kind of carelessness, companies or businesses that follow the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) business model may want to have a closer look at actually how well secured is their data. BYOD refers to the policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace, and to use those devices to access privileged company information and applications.

Kaspersky has segregated the type of information saved by participants in their personal smartphones, based on the results received through the survey. According to the survey responses, 36 percent of the people said that they store work files, while 34 percent stated that they stored office-related emails on their handsets. The most disturbing fact is that 11 percent of the participants confessed to amassing and saving passwords of their virtual private networks or company’s networks on their mobiles. Further, 18 percent of the people quizzed admitted to storing the passwords of their corporate mail accounts in their handsets.

The remaining 11 percentage of the participants worried about the security of work-related content on their phones, would surely make their companies appropriate funds to ensure that the sensitive details are not stolen from the employees’ devices by the cyber criminals. It is necessary to pay attention when securing a network that all devices connected to it are compatible.

Hiring of qualified IT technicians could help in providing centralized management for all mobiles that are inside the network. A check on whether the necessary apps are installed, updated or removed should be carried out by the administrators. Staff privileges and data access levels need to be handled. In addition, in the event an employee loses their handset, the companies should have an emergency plan ready for remotely cleaning data.

Kaspersky provides mobile security solutions for companies that are interested to secure the sensitive data stored by their employees’ on their smartphones. The software package contains a single console that controls the applications and various devices installed on the smartphone. The mobile security solutions also includes protection from malware and similar threats along with remote management of stolen or lost gadgets.

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news

Kavita Iyer
Kavita Iyer
An individual, optimist, homemaker, foodie, a die hard cricket fan and most importantly one who believes in Being Human!!!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news

Read More

Suggested Post