xCraft, a Drone manufacturer company together with a TV show “Shark Tank,” will help your smartphone take aerial flight
xCraft which has already gained huge success with its first product, the X PlusOne; a high speed VTOL drone which achieved almost 300% of its Kickstarter goal. The company has now bagged a $1.5 M deal with TV show “Shark Tank,” to bring the idea of PhoneDrone to reality.
To send your smartphone to aerial journey all you need to do is to slot your smartphone into the PhoneDrone Ethos. The smartphone shell is also a high tech smartphone case to keep your phone safe during the flights.
The drone is not powered by your phone but only uses your smartphone for taking aerial photo or video shots. To help it fly, the drone is attached with 4 powerful propellers that can help it reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. The battery can be charged via a USB and gives a flight time of around 15-20 minutes per charge.
- Easy to use – No drone experience necessary.
- Affordable – costs around $275
- Compatible with all devices – iOS, Android, and even Apple Watch!
- Control and video streaming -Easily tether to another mobile device for control and video streaming.
- Built in charger – Charge from any USB source – or swap batteries for extended flight times.
- A camera mirror – Shoot straight down, forward, or to the side!
While PhoneDrone Ethos may not be the best idea if you are worried about your smartphone it does gives you a cheaper alternative to all those camera fitted aerial drones that costs at least around $400.