Password protect your folders in smartphone and tablets from prying eyes
Everyone is using smartphones these days and Android is the leading OS. Nowadays almost everyone stores some of the confidential data on their smartphones, be it financial information or personal info. This makes it important to have some mechanism to prevent such data from being seen by prying eyes and also avoid malicious access.
In this article, we will be giving the details on how you can password protect your important files. This time an app will help us.
Okay, here is the how-to:
- First of all in your Android device download and install the cool app File Locker.
- Now after installing it launch on your Android device and you will see all the files and folders listed in the storage.
- Now browse to the files that you want to lock with this tool.
- Tap on the file and select the option Lock there.
- Now you need to enter the password there for the file that you are going to secure with that tool.
- Now re-enter the password in the another field and click on lock option.
- That’s it, you are done, now the selected file will get secured with password protection and will always need a password to open that file in your android.
This is for Android smartphones. However, if you are a Mac user you should try out an App called Hider2 to take care of security and privacy. With top-of-the-line encryption and a simple interface, Hider 2 is decent software to keep your files, big and small, protected. The main function of Hider2 is to keep your files hidden and protected on your hard drive from real and virtual intruders.
Hider2 hides your files under a cloak of AES-256 encryption, thus making your files inaccessible to anyone who accesses your Mac (unless if you give them the Hider2 password). In a nutshell, data encryption is the process of making files unreadable to parties who do not have the lock and key (in this case, your password). We don’t need to go into specifics here: Hider 2 allows you to create digital vaults wherein you can store your private files, rendering them untraceable and unreadable to other parties.
For the most part, Hider2 is extremely easy to use, even if it’s the first time you’ve heard of the words “data encryption”. The encryption process is pretty simple: you only have to drag and drop the files and folders into your vaults. No more coding and other complicated processes: just simple click, drag, and drop action.
It does a good job in orienting users about data protection without having to make them understand all the intricacies involving data encryption. The user interface is intuitive and fairly easy to get. With it’s dark color theme, it is pleasant to look at.
The app will then create copies of your files within its system – it may take a while for larger files to be completed though.
This is done. Now your personal files are safe from malicious access.