- 1 Try one of these 10 highest paying cloud computing certifications and get yourself a six figure job
- 2 Why do IT professionals need certifications?
- 3 1. AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- 3.0.1 Amazon provides one of the top certifications in cloud computing called the AWS Certified Solutions Architect. The fact that Amazon also provides cloud services to companies on hire makes it easier for it to provide the necessary infrastructure to students.
- 3.0.2 AWS Certified Solutions Architect helps you get skills and technical knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and operating applications and infrastructure on AWS. The certification is divided into two parts, associate and professional level certifications. You can opt for the one which gives you maximum bandwidth.
- 3.0.3 To appear for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, you need to have one or more years of hands-on experience designing with AWS, while those applying for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional need two years of hands-on experience.
- 3.0.4 How to prepare: Amazon offers study materials, practice exams and introductory, advanced and specialized courses and training on its website.
- 4 2.Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge
- 4.0.1 For those with the hacking and cyber security background, Cloud Security Alliance has one of the best certifications called Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge.
- 4.0.2 The Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge certification gives applicants competency in key cloud security areas which is regarded as the top recruitment area. The test is based on the Cloud Security Alliance’s “Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing v3” and the ENISA’s “Cloud Computing Risk Assessment.”
- 4.0.3 How to prepare: The best way to prepare is to study the CSA’s Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing v3, and the ENISA report “Cloud Computing Risks Assessment” (linked above).
- 5 3.Certified System Administrator in Red Hat Open Stack
- 5.0.1 Certified System Administrator is one of the best certifications for sys-admins on offer from Red Hat. The open-stack certification measures your ability to design, build, deploy and manage private clouds based on the Red Hat Open-stack platform.
- 5.0.2 If you are looking for the ultimate job, this certification is a must have. IT pros with this certification can install and configure Red Hat Open-stack, manage users and projects, and manage storage using Swift and Cinder.
- 5.0.3 How to prepare: Red Hat says the best way to prepare for the exam is hands-on, real-world experience. The exam is also a live, real-world test of skills and competency, requiring candidates to perform tasks on a live system.
- 6 4.Cloud Certified Professional
- 6.0.1 CloudSchool.com offers many certifications but Cloud Certified Professional is its best offering. Cloud Certified Professional certification tests your competency in specific areas of cloud computing.
- 6.0.2 If you are looking for a career as Cloud Architect, Cloud Technology Professional, Cloud Governance Professional or Cloud Security Professional, you will need this certification.
- 6.0.3 How to prepare: Cloud School offers self-study kits as well as on-site and remote workshops and study sessions and instructor-led workshops to help prepare applicants for the exams.
- 7 5.Cloud Technology Associate
- 7.0.1 Cloud Credential Council (CCC) is an international body which has laid down standards for training and certification for cloud computing pros. It has also come out with its own certifications for IT pros.
- 7.0.2 All the CCC certifications are available for those who want to improve their skills in defining, choosing, building, operating and managing cloud services. Currently, CCC offers one Cloud Technology Associate certification. CCC also has five Pro Level cloud certifications if you are looking for a particular skillset.
- 7.0.3 How to prepare: The Cloud Credential Council offers courses and preparation material on its website.
- 8 6.Cloud Architect
- 8.0.1 Cloud Architect certification by Cloud Genius offers a very good opportunity for IT pros who are looking for a career in cloud computing.
- 8.0.2 Whats unique about Cloud Genius certifications is its Bootcamp-based program for hands-on experiental learning. Unlike other certifications, Cloud Genius certifications require twice-weekly on-campus attendance, as well as team collaboration on real-life projects. The program also offers a solid foundation for IT Pros in cloud technologies, modern DevOps practices and some basic programming in Ruby and Chef.
- 8.0.3 How to prepare: Each certificate requires you to attend a minimum 24 classroom hours (3 hours, twice a week for four weeks). You also have to attend video lectures and working real-time on group projects.
- 9 7.Certified Cloud Professional
- 9.0.1 This certification is being offered by Cloud Institute which is based on recommendations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) of the U.S. Department of Commerce. For the uninitiated, companies in the United States have to follow NIST regulations which make this certification must have if you are looking for a job in American tech companies or government department.
- 9.0.2 Cloud Institute currently offers two online certification programs, Certified Cloud Architect and Certified Cloud Professional.
- 9.0.3 How to prepare: Since these certifications are based on NIST framework or guidelines, IT Pros are required to study publications offered by the NIST as course material. Cloud Institute requires you to have working experience in enterprise cloud technology, SOA design or development, cloud-related services, and application- and/or storage-centric services.
- 10 8. CloudU Certification
- 10.0.1 This CloudU certification by RackSpace is designed for IT professionals and business leaders and covers fundamentals of cloud computing. CloudU content is available to any professional at any time, but if you want a formal recognition of your knowledge about cloud computing, you should complete the courses and requirements for a certificate.
- 10.0.2 How to prepare: CloudU curriculum starts with the cloud computing basics and gets more advanced as it progresses. Each lesson is accompanied by a quiz. You have to prepare for the certification using the lesson white paper.
- 11 9. CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- 11.0.1 Offered by CompTIA, the Cloud Essentials certification covers the basic fundamentals of cloud computing and shows that individuals understand cloud computing from both a business and a technical perspective. The Cloud Essentials certification also covers migration to the cloud and governance of cloud computing environments.
- 11.0.2 How to prepare: CompTIA offers study and training materials and recommends that individuals taking the exam must have at least six months of work experience in IT services, however, it is not compulsory.
- 12 10. Exin Cloud Computing Foundation
- 12.0.1 Cloud Computing Foundation and Cloud Technologies Advanced are the two certifications offered by Exin. Both programs cover the main cloud computing concepts as well as what’s involved in planning, supply chain, and management. Exin certifications are great for DevOps who want a career in vendor solutions.
- 12.0.2 How to prepare: Exin offers exam preparation guides and sample exams as well as e-books covering these concepts.
Top 10 Highest-Paying Cloud Computing Certifications
Try one of these 10 highest paying cloud computing certifications and get yourself a six figure job
After reading one of our popular article about The Top 7 Highest-Paying IT Certifications, several of our readers requested us to make a post on cloud computing and embedded technologies (IoT) certifications. While IT certifications are required if you want a job in IT or project management. Internet of Things and Cloud Computing has been heralded as next big thing to hit the tech sphere.
Cloud Computing is one of the options to consider if you are an IT engineer. There are a host of certifications available that you should consider pursuing in cloud computing and can help launch or enhance your career.
At the end of the day, everything depends on the $$$ you aspire to earn. With that in mind, this article lists the top ten Cloud Computing certifications that can land you a megabucks job.
Why do IT professionals need certifications?
Getting a certification in your resume skillset allows the company hiring you to benchmark you against other job applicants. Certifications help companies measure your knowledge and skills against industry benchmarks. A top level certification helps you prove your employers that you have the right knowledge they are looking for. Certifications are gaining importance as more and more tech companies, startups and Unicorns come up,
Top 10 Cloud Computing Certifications today
For the uninitiated, cloud computing is a new form of Internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand. It is a model for enabling ubiquitous, on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., computer networks, servers, storage, applications, and services).
Cloud computing allows businesses and users to process, store and work on their data either privately or through a managed cloud server. With globalization and interconnectivity, more and more companies are opting for cloud computing to minimize costs and maximize productivity. Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources to achieve coherence and economy of scale, similar to a utility (like the electricity grid) over an electricity network.