Many major Chinese tech companies like Xiaomi, Huawei, and Oppo have created smartphones and other wearable products that have been heavily inspired by Apple’s product lineup.
Well, this time around Realme did the same with its Realme Buds Air.
Oppo’s rapidly growing sub-brand Realme recently launched it’s first truly wireless pair of earphones namely the Realme Buds Air.
The design ergonomics of these earphones are almost similar to that of Apple’s 1st and 2nd generation Airpods.
In addition to the design language, the feature-set of Realme Buds Air is also heavily inspired by Airpods by Apple.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Realme Buds Air.
Realme Buds Air: Specifications And Features
As mentioned above the design aesthetics of Realme Buds Air is similar to that of Airpods. That said these earphones are available in white, black, and yellow color variants.
Similar to Airpods, the Realme Buds Air uses a custom R1 chipset for the proper functioning of these earphones. Some of the major highlights of Realme Buds Air are wear detections, touch controls, and low-latency gaming mode.
This in-ear truly wireless earphones have 12mm DBB dynamic drivers and they rely on Bluetooth 5.0 to connect to different devices. The DBB drivers on these earphones will ensure excellent bass output.
Realme Buds Air Specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 (AAC codec) to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 12mm driver and LCP advanced multi-layer composite
- Touch controls for call control, track change, Google Assistant
- Dual microphones for environmental noise cancellation, voice control
- Infrared sensor for intelligent wear detection so it automatically pauses when you remove them
- R1 chip for low-latency gaming mode
- 4.5g per headset, Case Dimensions: 51.3×45.3 mmx25.3 mm; Case weight:42.3 g
- 3 hours of standalone playback, 17 hours with the case, USB Type-C charging for the case to charge in 2 hours, 10W Qi wireless charging
Realme claims that these earphones can offer around 17 hours of playback once they are fully charged.
Furthermore, these earphones are charged via USB Type-C port which drastically improves the charging speeds.
Pricing And Availability
Realme Buds Air will retail for a price of Rs. 3,999 or roughly US $56.35. These earphones are way cheaper than the Apple Airpods 2. You can purchase these earphones from Flipkart and realme.com.
Realme Buds Air Vs Apple Airpods
In spite of having great resemblance with Apple’s Airpods the Realme Buds Air is meant for a totally different demographic of users.
You can purchase these truly wireless earphones if you own and use an Android smartphone.
While Apple Airpods are still a perfect choice for anyone who is very well invested in the Apple ecosystem. As far as the features are concerned these two earphones are almost similar to each other.
Lastly, there’s a considerable amount of difference in their price points.