Pre-order YotaPhone 2 through Indiegogo this Tuesday, the E Ink smartphone starts at $500 and would be shipped in August.
Russia’s leading smartphone manufacturer, Yota Devices, has finally launched its flagship smartphone in the U.S. market. YotaPhone 2, world’s first dual screen with E Ink technology, Android based smartphone was already launched in the European markets some six months back and it was pretty clear that the manufacturer had plans to release this smartphone in the U.S. markets; however the launching date and cost was not disclosed.
Now the pre orders for U.S. markets has begun since Tuesday through crowdfunder Indiegogo.
Yota has set a goal of raising $50,000 in its 60 days Indiegogo campaign and it says the funds will be used to pay the certifications and regulatory fees that would be incurred during its U.S. launch.
The smartphone is available at a starting price of $500 for early backers though the handset will be shipped only in August. The actual cost of the smartphone is $600 and this exclusive price of $500 will be available only for first 100 backers. After that the smartphone can be pre ordered at $525 for the next 48 hours and later the price will be up and it can be pre-ordered at $550 till the campaign continues.
Most of the start up companies have been using Indiegogo or Kickstarter crowdfunders as it not only helps the company to reduce its financial risk and bypass the bank loans but it also aids in establishing a demand for their product before it is even launched in the market.
Unique Specs of the YotaPhone 2 Smartphone:
- Dual Display Screen: YotaPhone 2 sports a 5 inch AMOLED LCD display on one side and on the other it has “always-ON” 4.7 inch E Ink screen. The major aim of dual screen was to conserve the battery life which is done by splitting the task between two screens. User of the phone can check their notifications, text messages, RSS feeds and read e-book or Facebook alerts on the E Ink display whereas browsing Internet or watching any videos and multimedia can be done on the AMOLED LCD display.
- Battery: With a 2,500 mAh battery, YotaPhone 2 assures that the device would be able to carry out basic smartphone functions for two continuous days on a single charge, along with five days of reading. Further, the gadget also has YotaEnergy mode which would alert the user and give out signals to indicate that the smartphone is running out of charge.
- OS: YotaPhone 2 is an Android based smartphone. Manufacturers have assured that Android 5.0 Lollipop would be rolled out to all the users this summer.
- Processor: The phone runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad core processor coupled with 2 GB RAM.
- Accessories: It has an inbuilt 32 GB memory.
- Camera: 8-megapixel camera.
- Connectivity: The phone has Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, and Wi-Fi. The phone supports 4G/LTE on GSM networks in North America (AT&T and T-Mobile).
- Additional features: Manufacturer also promises to upgrade the existing features such as YotaHub, YotaCover, and YotaEnergy as well as provide new services like YotaFitness, Remote, Notes, and Sports.
- Besides all these features, the phone will also include full screen widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and third party apps that have been exclusively designed by developers for YotoPhone 2.
- The manufacturer is further providing ‘Yota Wireless Power Bank’ to its backers for the on-the-go charging of $ 50.
Matthew Kelly, managing director of Yota Devices said: “We are stoked to begin our Indiegogo campaign and be one step closer to delivering our innovative and disruptive smartphone to North America.”
He added: “It’s not easy for a new OEM to bring actual innovation and disruptive technology to consumers, but Indiegogo provides us the perfect platform to reach our loyal supporters and grow our fan base by providing excellent pre-sale opportunities, the ability to showcase our unique product features, and alliance partners, while ultimately allowing us to generate the funds necessary for our summer 2015 launch.”
The Indiegogo campaign is not restricted to North America and is open to everyone across the world hence interested buyers can pre order the YotaPhone 2 and thus grab this opportunity to use the world’s first dual screen smartphone.
The Indiegogo is here