Thanks To This Viral Video, You Can Now Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Hologram
Want to turn your smartphone into a 3D hologram, but don’t know how to get started? Well, now in just a few quick and easy steps, you can add a whole new dimension to your mobile and at the same time impress your friends too.
A spellbinding 3D hologram video has been uploaded to YouTube by Mrwhosetheboss on August 1, which already has had more than 174,000 views until now.
To get started, all you need are the materials, which is CD case, Graph Paper, Tape or Super Glue, Pen, Utility Knife or Glass Cutter and Scissors.
- Step 1: Using a pen and a piece of graph paper, make a rhombus shape with dimensions of 1 x 3.5 x 6 cm and and cut it out with scissors. You can also double or triple the sizes for a better effect.
- Step 2: Remove the edges from any CD case to ensure that it is not scratched, as it would affect the quality of the image.
- Step 3: Trace the rhombus shape on any area of the CD case. Carefully cut out the rhombus shape using a utility knife or glass cutter. Use this cut out piece as a template to cut out three additional pieces.
- Step 4: Join the four pieces together with either glue or tape. Even though glue will give you a cleaner look, it is suggested that you use a tape as it will be a tedious process to make the glue hold the thin edges of the plastic. Ensure that you use a clear tape, as it will enhance the effect.
- Step 5: Turn off the lights and place your creation on the top of your smartphone and load up a hologram-specific video. You can search for “hologram video” via Google or YouTube for other examples.
- Step 6: Enjoy your very own homemade 3D light show and amaze your friends.