Know everything about Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Android smartphones
After months of speculations, hype and leaks, we are almost close to the unveiling of Samsung’s upcoming flagships, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ scheduled for March 29 at the company’s MWC event, Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017.
However, that has not stopped rumor mills from working overtime and has given almost every detail about the two upcoming flagship smartphones before their official release.
Let’s have a look at the rumoured specifications about the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ until now at a glance:
• 5.8 inches (S8) / 6.2inches (S8+) QHD + Super AMOLED curved display for Galaxy S8 + 18.5:9 aspect ratio + 2960 x 2400 Infinity display resolution
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 platform or 2.5GHz octa-core Exynos 8895 processor (depending on the market)
• 64GB / 128GB of in-built storage with microSD (expandable up to 256GB)
• 4GB RAM (6GB in China and Korea)
• 12MP main camera / 8MP front-facing camera
• OIS and 4K recording
• 3,000mAh (S8) / 3,500mAh battery (S8+)
• Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner to the right side of camera
• Front-facing Iris Scanner
• 3.5mm headphone jack
• Dual band Wi-Fi, LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
• Fast Charging with USB Type-C, and even faster Wireless Charging with 15-20w output
• Dual Stereo Speakers
• IP68 Dust & Water Resistance
• Bixby AI assistant (with dedicated button)
• Optional Samsung DeX HDMI dock for desktop mode
• Android 7.0 Nougat or Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box
• Black, Blue, Dark Grey, Titanium Silver and Gold color options at launch
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Price and Release date:
Based on the recent rumors, the Samsung Galaxy S8 price will start at €799 and Galaxy S8+ at EUR €899. Further, Samsung Galaxy S8 accessory such as the DeX Station is expected to cost €149.99, while wireless charger for the Galaxy S8 will cost €79.99, and the 5,100mAh power bank with fast charging will cost €69.99.
Samsung is also looking to offer Samsung Guard S8 service program for repairing phones in just two hours in order to regain consumer trust in certain key markets. The company will also offer a one-time free replacement of the screen, together with a Remote Support option along with official warranty extension in some countries.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are confirmed to launch on March 29, with pre-orders rumoured to begin on April 10, and the handsets expected to go on sale on April 28. Since the dates provided are just based on rumors, we could officially have some confirmed information after the event tomorrow.