Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.104 released to Insiders with fixes
Patched Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.104 Released To Slow And Release Preview Rings
Microsoft is currently rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) Build 17763.104 (KB4464455) to Windows Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings.
This cumulative update KB4464455 that brings the build number up to 17763.104 comes after the file deletion bug that saw Microsoft pausing the rollout of Windows 10 October 2018 update to the public.
The new update adds no new features. According to Microsoft, the Cumulative Update contains the following fixes:
- We have fixed the issue where the incorrect details were being shown in Task Manager under the “Processes” tab.
- We fixed an issue where in certain cases IME would not work in the first process of a Microsoft Edge user session.
- We fixed an issue where in some cases applications would become unresponsive after resuming from Connected Standby.
- We fixed several issues causing application compatibility problems with 3rd-party antivirus and virtualization products.
- We fixed several issues with driver compatibility.
While the new update adds no new features, it, however, does fix the bug in Task Manager in Windows 10 October 2018 Update that caused it to incorrectly report CPU usage. It has also fixed driver compatibility issues and capability issues with 3rd-party antivirus product experienced by some users.
Currently, Microsoft has paused the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and it is unclear when it would re-release the final patch that has fixed all the critical issues.
Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview Ring can install the latest updates by opening Settings, then navigating to Updates & Security and tapping on check for updates button.
The author Kavita Iyer
An individual, optimist, homemaker, foodie, a die hard cricket fan and most importantly one who believes in Being Human