Teenager Dies In Her Sleep After Smartphone Explodes During Charging

Girl dies as after charging mobile phone explodes near her head while sleeping

We have heard several instances of people getting injured due to smartphone battery explosions. However, in one such unfortunate incident, a teenage schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, had gone to sleep listening to music, with the phone charging next to her head on the pillow at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan. However, she was found dead the following morning after the phone’s battery is said to have exploded close to her head, according to media reports.

It is believed that the girl had died instantly from severe head injuries as a result of the blast. Relatives called paramedics, but they were unable to resuscitate her saying that she had been dead for some time.

Police confirmed that her device had been plugged to a power socket at the point of explosion. It was later confirmed by forensic experts that the phone had exploded in the early hours of the morning due to battery overheating leading to the girl’s death.

Alua’s best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, took to Facebook to post a tribute for her friend. She wrote, “I still cannot believe it. You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.”

Authorities did not reveal the brand name of the smartphone.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here