Motorola is one of the oldest Android smartphone manufacturers. Now owned and operated by Lenovo, Motorola has launched its first flagship smartphones in years namely the Motorola Edge+ 5G (also called Motorola Edge Plus).
To compete with existing players, Motorola has offered robust hardware, powerful internals, and almost stock Android experience on this smartphone. In addition to the Motorola Edge+, Motorola has also launched the lower-end Motorola Edge.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Motorola Edge+.
Motorola Edge+ Specifications And Features
Motorola Edge+ is a part of the premium ‘Motorola Edge series’. This flagship smartphone sports a premium glass and aluminum construction and the entire construction is splash-proof.
As for security, Motorola has opted for an under the display fingerprint sensor.
As a result, there’s no face-unlock hardware or a physical fingerprint sensor on this device, which further helps maintain design consistency.
The next striking feature of Motorola Edge+ is its 6.7-inch Curved AMOLED Display with 90Hz refresh rate, 21:9 aspect ratio. This display is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
Motorola Edge+ Specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ OLED HDR10 + display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Procesor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33? Samsung sensor, 0.8?m pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Laser autofocus, 16MP 117° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, macro mode, 8MP telephoto lens with OIS for 3x optical zoom, f/2.4 aperture, 6k at 30fps, 4k 60fps
- 25MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm headset jack, Dual stereo speakers tuned by Waves
- Dimensions:161.07 x 71.38 x 9.6mm; Weight: 203g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W wired and 15W wireless fast charging, 5W wireless reverse charging
The recently launched Snapdragon 865 processor powers Motorola Edge+. This Processor can effortlessly handle heavy multitasking and all sorts of resource-intensive tasks.
The X55 5G modem on this smartphone supports both NSA and SA 5G. In a nutshell, you won’t face any performance-related issues with this smartphone.
As far as optics are concerned, there is a quad rear camera setup, the first camera features a 108MP Samsung sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera is a 16MP 117-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, the third camera is an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the fourth camera is a ToF sensor.
The 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens also has macro support and this smartphone can shoot 6K videos.
Motorola Edge+ is an ideal smartphone for audio enthusiasts as it has stereo speakers the promise 60 percent louder audio than past Motorola devices along with precision tuning for professional-quality sonic performance and deeper, fuller sound.
Surprisingly, this smartphone still packs a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Motorola Edge+ battery capacity is 5000mAh with support of 18W TurboPower fast charging,15W wireless fast charging, and 5W wireless reverse charging.
Pricing And Availability
The Motorola edge+ is available in Thunder Grey and Smokey Sangria color variants and it is priced at $999.99.
This flagship device will be available in Europe in May. Additionally, It will also be available in the UAE at Etisalat. In the coming months, it will be launched in India and select Latin American markets.