Alongside the new flagship Mi Mix 4, Xiaomi has also introduced the new Mi Pad 5 series that consists of Mi Pad 5 and the Mi Pad 5 Pro.
These two feature-packed Android tablets have a visually impressive 11-inch 2.5K / WQXA LCD display, are powered by Snapdragon 800 series processors, and support a wide range of accessories.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro.
Mi Pad 5 And Mi Pad 5 Pro: Features And Specifications
Clearly, the tablet market is dominated by Apple thanks to the iPad. However, Android tablet makers like Xiaomi and Samsung are still manufacturing flagship tablets for Android users.
The new Mi Pad tablets feature a 6.86mm thin body. Undoubtedly, the overall design and ergonomics of the tablet are heavily inspired by the iPad Pro.
- 11-inch WQXGA display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, 16:10 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display, Hardware-level blue light reduction, and TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification.
- Mi Pad 5 – 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Processor coupled with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 custom skin
- 13MP (50MP 1/2.5? sensor in Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G) rear camera, 5MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25×6.86mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers in Mi Pad 5, 8 Speakers in Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min
Both the models support stylus and keyboard accessories. Furthermore, they have a built-in four-speaker and eight-speaker surround sound system respectively.
Pricing And Availability
Available in Black, White, and Green color variants the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 308 / Rs. 22,960 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi version. While the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi version costs 2299 yuan (US$ 354 / Rs. 26,405 approx.).
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro comes in Black and White colors and is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 385 / Rs. 28,700 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi version and the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi version costs 2799 yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 32,145 approx.).
Lastly, there is also an 8GB RAM with 256GB 5G version that costs 3499 yuan (US$ 539 / Rs. 40,185 approx.).
The keyboard case and stylus are priced at 399 yuan (US$ 61.5 / Rs. 4,585 approx.) and 349 yuan (US$ 54 / Rs. 4,000 approx.), respectively. Everything mentioned in this article will go on sale in China starting from August 16th.