Now that all Android smartphones and tablets carry a camera of different megapixels and features, we can easily capture beautiful moments of our life for posterity. Capturing those beautiful frames like birthdays, weddings, etc, and watching them later gives us great joy but there some of those great moments which would rather watch in slow motion.
Like capturing that exact moment your daughter cuts the cake or the exact moment when your son beats the tape in a race. Nothing can beat the joy of watching these precious moments in slo-mo.
Sadly, the slow-motion recording feature is only available on a limited number of smartphones. However, now you can record slow-motion videos on any Android device with some very professional Apps that will capture the precious moments in nanoseconds.
So in this article, we take a look at some of these apps that let you record slo-mo movies on any Android smartphone and tablet.
Table Of Contents
- Can Android Do Slow Motion?
- How To Record Slow Motion Videos On Any Android Smartphone?
- Best Apps To Record Slow Motion Videos On Android smartphone
Can Android Do Slow Motion?
Yes, most mainstream Android smartphones can now record slow-motion videos natively. However, back in days, this cool feature was limited to flagship Android devices and iPhones.
Also Read- Best Free Android Apps You Should Check
How To Record Slow Motion Videos On Any Android Smartphone?
Slow video recording is possible on any Android smartphone or tablet thanks to some Apps available on the Google Play store. Let’s take a look at some of these Apps which allow Android users to record videos in slow motion and even edit the video.
Best Apps To Record Slow Motion Videos On Android smartphone
- Professionally designed slow motion Speed Bump profiles (ONE PROFILE FREE, in-app purchases for more)
- Slide the Speed Shuttle across your video to choose the moment
- Tap & Hold the Shuttle to see an animation of what each slow-motion video profile looks like
- The Shuttle Bar is 1 second wide because all the action is usually over in one second.
This is another great and FREE video slo-mo capture App. Unlike other Apps this App allows you to make magic fast motion videos also. Social media integration allows you to directly post the output video to Youtube or Instagram and share it with your friends. The key feature of Slow Motion Video FX is that it lets you choose the speed of the output movie.
- Record your speech and make it slow – you’ll sound really strange
- Make your speech fast – you will sound like a tiny little mouse!
- Record some objects falling down like – tablespoon, nuts, seeds and make it slow – it will look funny!
Slo Pro is one the best video recorder Apps for Android smartphones and tablets. It allows you to shoot, edit, and share your beautifully smooth slow motion videos without the hassle of transferring files. In this app, the video is slowed down uniformly for a certain duration and then resumes to normal speed.
- Renderless Editing- edit in/out points, slow motion cues and speeds without waiting. This much freedom can only be found on the back of a good Harley. (fast speeds & effects still need editing)
- Fast Motion- the jump from slow to fast and vice versa for a fun feel.
Slow Motion Free is another cool App that will convert your special moments in amazing ones. The fun with Slow Motion Free is that it lets you convert existing file from your recorded video folder or make a new recording in the App. The App also lets you select the slo mo speed giving you the perfect precious video.
- Frame rate bars sensitivity options
- NO annoying ads
- apps2sd support
- No recording limit
- Ability to select internal or external storage
AndroVid is a very handy video editor App with many functions including slo mo video capture. The USP of the App is its simple and easy to use interface which lets even noobs edit videos. The App also lets you apply video effects like fading, sepia, vignette, vintage.
- Video Trimmer: Trim your videos to remove unwanted parts
- Video Joiner: Merge multiple video clips into one video. You can add music as well.
- Video Transcoder: Convert videos to other formats, change the resolution to make your videos smaller. Supports conversion to 3GP, AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, WMV and VOB formats.
- Slideshow Maker: Make slideshow from your images, add fading effect and music.
- Video & Audio Mixer: Add music to your videos. Adjust video and music volumes.
- Frame Grabber: Extract video frame images at any moment of your video.
- Video Toolbox: Enhance your video. Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation. Change audio volume
#6 Coach’s Eye
As the name suggests, Coach’s Eye App focusses entirely on capturing those rare moments from sports. Coach’s Eye is used by world’s leading coaches and trainers to review athlete technique film the player in action. It also allows you to capture non-gaming action in slow motion.
- Leverage a cross-platform license that unlocks the full power of the world’s best mobile coaching tools.
- Free up space on your local device without losing your videos.
- Access your videos anywhere, from any device.
You can create perfect slow-motion videos with this free App. Like other slo-mo Apps this App also allows you to share your videos with your friends on social media.
- Video slow to pour a glass of water, leaving spoon … will be very interesting with slow-motion effects
- Supports slow-motion video capture
- Simple interface easy to use as a filming delay
- Ideas: You tossed and turned water slowly, your cat from the bed down and fly in slow motion.
#8 Moto Camera
Moto Camera has been developed by smartphone makers Motorola in collaboration with Fotografie. As this is a made to order App, it may not work on all Android smartphones but it gives beautiful results on the ones it can be installed. It captures slo-mo videos using multiple shots before and after you tap, recognizing issues like blurred subjects or blinking eyes. It then recommends the best picture to you should keep. Moto’s smart cameras automatically adjust for light and motion for crystal clear results.
- Photo, video, slow motion video, and panorama.
- Tap to change focus and exposure.
- Professional mode: puts you in complete control of focus, white balance, shutter speed, ISO, and Exposure.
Like the name says, ASUS PixelMaster Camera has been developed keeping Asus Android smartphones and tablets in mind but the App also works on other Android smartphones. Simple UI allows users not to worry about fiddly options or settings to capture great photos. You can create your own story via a video with High-Speed Video and Slow Motion Video modes.
- Optimize your photos via Auto mode, which auto-sets the camera settings vis-a-vis the lighting and environment.
- Manual, Super Resolution, HDR, or Depth of field mode, you can capture vivid, beautiful photos effortlessly like a pro!
- Capture precious moments even in dimly-lit places via Low Light or Night mode that adjusts the background lighting for picture-perfect moments.
- Apply animated effects or creative filters to your photos or videos via GIF Animation, Miniature, Effects, or Time Lapse mode.
- Capture beautifully-enhanced photos using Beautification, Selfie, Time Rewind, or All Smiles mode. Use Smart Remove to remove unwanted details from your picture-perfect mementos.
- Create your own story via a video with High-Speed Video and Slow Motion Video modes.
These were the 10 Android smartphone Apps that allow you to capture super slo-mo videos at the click of the button. Try out all the Apps or at least some of it to select one that you feel more comfortable for your use.