In January, during this year’s CES, Dell promised that it would be adding some new iOS integration features to its Mobile Connect app this spring to make it more iPhone-friendly.
Staying true to its words, the PC maker has just updated its Dell Mobile Connect app, which now allows users to seamlessly integrate their iPhones to their Dell Windows 10 PCs.
The update, which is rolling out now as part of Dell Mobile Connect version 3.0, is available for iPhone and iPad.
This update supports file transfers (photos & videos), screen mirroring, text messaging, hands-free phone calls, notifications, contacts search, and more when paired with iOS devices.
Previously, screen mirroring and file transfers with Dell Mobile Connect were available only on Android phones.
Here’s a look at the full release notes for Dell Mobile Connect 3.0:
- File Transfer for photos and videos is now available for iPhone users.
- Mirroring is now available for iPhone users.
- MMS support for images or videos for Android users.
- No need to keep the Dell Mobile Connect iPhone app in the foreground for sending SMS.
Instructions to be followed for downloading the Dell Mobile Connect version 3.0 app:
- Download the companion app from the App Store.
- Download and install the main Dell Mobile Connect application on your Windows 10 device (available on the Microsoft Store).
- Launch Dell Mobile Connect and follow the on-screen prompts.
Further, below are the system requirements:
- iOS 11 and above. Note that the latest features of Mirroring and File Transfer require iOS 13 and above.
- A 2018 or newer Dell computer with Windows 10.
- The Dell Mobile Connect PC app (available on the Microsoft Store).