After weeks of speculations, LG has finally unveiled its new unique dual-screen smartphone namely, LG Wing.
Announced under the new Explorer Project, the dual-screen device has a 3.9-inch FHD+ second display that’s hidden under the 6.8-inch P-OLED FullVision main screen. LG has relied on a unique hinge module coupled with a hydraulic damper to reduce stress while using the smartphone in Swivel Mode.
To further facilitate smoother swiveling thermoplastic polyoxymethylene has been applied on the back of the main screen. So here’s everything you need to know about the LG Wing.
LG Wing: Specifications And Features
As you might have understood by now, the unique selling point of LG Wing is its dual-screen setup. To enhance the functionality of the dual screens LG has heavily optimized the software and even partnered with leading services like YouTube and Tubi.
For instance, you can watch a YouTube video on the primary display of the smartphone and the secondary screen will display comments or the search bar. Furthermore, modes like multi-app mode, gimbal mode, and media consumption mode all come in handy while using this device. Lastly, the secondary display can also be used as a keyboard.
LG WING specifications
- 6.8-inch Full HD+ P-OLED display with a resolution of 2440 × 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20.5: 9, 3.9-inch G-OLED second screen with a resolution of 1240 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 1.15:1.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV processor that consists of 1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 13MP 117° ultra-wide lens with f/1.9 aperture, 12MP 120° ultra-wide Gimbal mode Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP pop-up front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance, Water and Dust Resistance (IP54)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC connectivity
- USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ 25W fast charging and 10W wireless charging
Unfortunately, the smartphone is not powered by a flagship 800 series processor. LG claims that the hinge mechanism has been tested for 200,000 swivels.
Pricing And Availability
Available in Aurora Gray and Illusion Sky color variants the pricing of LG Wing hasn’t been revealed yet. The smartphone will firstly launch in South Korea and later it will be available in selected markets of North America and Europe.