The two flagship iPhones offer drastic improvements in the camera department and they now support 5G. Thanks to Ceramic Shield protection the new iPhones offer 4x better drop performance.
So here’s everything you need to know about the new iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Pricing And Availability
Pre-orders for iPhone 12 Pro will begin on October 16 and it will be available starting Friday, October 23. iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available for pre-order on November 6, and in stores beginning Friday, November 13. iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available in four stainless steel finishes, namely graphite, silver, gold, and pacific blue.
- iPhone 12 Pro 128GB – US$ 999 / Rs. 1,19,900
- iPhone 12 Pro 256GB – US$ 1099 / Rs. 1,29,900
- iPhone 12 Pro 512GB – US$ 1299 / Rs. 1,49,900
- iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB – US$ 1099 / Rs. 1,29,900
- iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB – US$ 1199 / Rs. 1,39,900
- iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB – US$ 1399 / Rs. 1,59,900
iPhone 12 Pro And iPhone 12 Pro Max: Features
The 2020 Pro lineup of iPhones sports a premium construction, and the sophisticated flat-edge design makes the smartphone quite robust. Some noteworthy features of the iPhone 12 Pro are LiDAR Scanner, MagSafe, powerful 5G experience, edge-to-edge Super Retina XDR displays, and a lot more.
A14 Bionic processor powering these smartphones is the first chip ever to be built on the 5-nanometer process. Apple claims that the A14 chip can process 11 trillion operations per second.
- iPhone 12 Pro- 6.1-inch OLED Super Retina XDR display with a resolution of 2532×1170 pixels and 460ppi pixel density, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Pro Max -6.7-inch OLED Super Retina XDR display with a resolution of 2778×1284 pixels and 458ppi pixel density, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- iPhone 12 Pro- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo?mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7?m pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo?mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo?mo 1080p at 120fps
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub?6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi?Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) / 20 hours (iPhone 12 Pro Max) of video playback
As you might have guessed by reading the specifications camera is the major USP of the iPhone 12 Pro.
Some new camera features of the iPhone 12 Pro Max are Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting with six effects, Dual optical image stabilization (in Wide and Telephoto), Sapphire crystal lens cover, Night mode (Wide and Ultrawide), Deep Fusion, Smart HDR 3 with Scene Detection, and a lot more.