iPhone 6 Plus catches fire in pocket forcing the owner to strip in public

iPhone catches fire in man’s pants causing him to strip in a busy store

iPhones have been in news for all the bad reasons including iPhone 6S being too hot to touch, catching fire, exploding, bending etc but this one takes the cake. A Metro Atlanta man claims that his iPhone 6 Plus caught fire in the front pocket of his jeans, forcing him to strip in a busy Douglas County store parking lot.

The man, who asked to remain anonymous, said that he had to strip in a Douglas County store parking lot when he noticed that his iPhone 6 Plus catch fire.

Speaking with WSBTV, the unlucky iPhone owner said the first thing he actually felt was a strong burning sensation in his front pocket, followed by smoke coming from his pants.

“When I saw the smoke, I undid my belt, I undid my pants. I pushed it away, turned my head hoping it wouldn’t explode. It burned pretty much my whole front pocket, burned my boxers, started to burn my leg, but I had moved it away in time so it wouldn’t burn me,” the man who wanted to be called Rocky was quoted as saying.

Fortunately for Rocky, he suffered no injuries except the burnt up jeans pant. Also, surprisingly, Rocky has said that he will not be asking for any damages from Apple. His decision of not claiming compensation from Apple is odd, given the fact that most people whose phones explode in their pockets are actually looking for compensation from the smartphone manufacturer.

There is also another side of the story. According to reports Rocky’s iPhone was, in fact, a refurbished unit, which he purchased in October 2015. Therefore the onus of the smartphone lies on the company that sold him the refurbished iPhone 6 Plus and not Apple.  Luckily for Rocky, the company that sold the iPhone has already sent him a replacement phone, and now he’s also waiting for an apology. Funnily, he’s not seeking financial damages from this company either.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here